What is DHA Omnibus IV?
Omnibus IV (Omnibus) is a Multiple Award (MA) Military Medical Research and Development Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract sponsored by the Defense Health Agency (DHA). This contract vehicle encompasses a broad range of military Medical Research and Development (R&D) activities and services that will support the future of R&D programs at the Department of Defense (DoD). Omnibus has a 10-year ordering period and a $10 billion ceiling.
PotomacWave is on Market Segment 2: R&D Support Services.
DHA Omnibus IV supports a broad base of DoD requirements owners engaged in Medical R&D and related activities and provides an opportunity to procure services in four main areas, called Market Segments. PotomacWave is a prime contract holder for Market Segment 2: R&D Support Services. Proficiency areas that fall under R&D Support Services include, but are not limited to, administrative support services, IT support services, scientific and technical support services, facilities support services, medical services support, supplies and equipment, and logistical support services. PotomacWave has more than 7 years of experience supporting Defense Health Programs and DoD customers in this capacity.
Omnibus Contract Information
- Contract #: HT001122D0039
- CAGE #: 4YAG9
- UEI #: S5ZCFWYN4KK3
- POP: 06/20/2022 – 06/19/2032 (including award term options)
- PotomacWave is a SB/WOSB under NAICS 541715 (< 1,000 employees).
Advantages of Using Omnibus IV
There are significant advantages to using Omnibus IV to meet your R&D needs:
- Omnibus IV allows for small business set asides at the task order level.
- The contract vehicle offers up to 5-year longevity and ceiling capacity of $10 billion over the 10-year ordering period (5-year base period plus 5-year option period).
- Omnibus IV improves human-subject protection compliance, as regulations are built into the contract.
- Omnibus IV is free to use, with no client-paid Contract Access Fee or contractor-paid Industrial Funding Fee.
- For awards less than $25 million and depending on complexity, Omnibus IV can decrease acquisition time and possibility of protest. Task order awards can be made in as little as three months with no protest.
- Based on task order requirements, the contract vehicle can reduce contracting administrative burdens. Performance, cost, and schedule data can be provided via the contractor-generated Acquisition Management Intelligence (AMI) Report.
Omnibus IV has already been identified as the medical R&D go-to vehicle for the U.S. Military, including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, as well as for DHA and its components.
PotomacWave’s Omnibus-Related Capabilities
- Medical Simulation Technologies
- Infectious Diseases
- Military Health Performance and Recovery
- Joint Battlefield Healthcare
- Radiation Health Effects
- Clinical and Rehabilitative Medicine
- Chemical and Biological Readiness
- Clinical Investigations, Graduate Health Science Education, and Military Health System Research
- Emerging Science and Technology
- Administrative and IT Support
- R&D, Scientific, and Technical Support
- Medical Services Support
- Logistical Support